The purpose of SAT‑7 is to provide Christian content through satellite television, digital and social media to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for an Executive Director for SAT-7 Arabic Channels who will be responsible for all the functions of the channels SAT-7 ARABIC and SAT-7 KIDS, their affiliated digital and social media plus the SAT-7 ACADEMY brand.
- Develops the channel strategies for SAT-7 ARABIC and SAT-7 KIDS together with the CEO and the Executive Directors of Egypt and Lebanon production centers.
- Oversees and approves the scheduling of all programming and play lists on SAT-7 Arabic channels, to ensure programming is available at the best possible times for the majority of specific audiences worldwide
- Designs and optimizes the grids having the need of the viewers in mind.
- Quality assessment of programs against the channel strategies and specifications every quarter with the relevant head of production.
- Calls for proposals for new programs and for development of existing programs.
- Choice of presenters in agreement with the Executive Directors of Egypt and Lebanon production centers.
- Oversees the work of the Acquisitions Department including the acquisition of foreign materials for dubbing or subtitling and indigenous original programming.
- Supports the development of the platform strategies for all Arabic digital and social media platforms together with the Arabic Digital Director, the CEO and the heads of digital production.
- Ensuring the requirements of the Ethos of SAT-7 and holding all copyrights for satellite broadcasting and usage on digital and social media.
- Working closely with the digital Director and Executive Directors of Egypt and Lebanon production centers, as well as the IT department to improve the fulfillment of the users needs, ideas development, follow up and reporting.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity. Theological training is an advantage
- Proven ability to think strategically regarding design and programing of tv-channels with brilliant grids for the Middle Eastern and North African viewers
- Previous experience in launching content in digital and social media
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East and/or North Africa
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to facilitate working in a multi-cultural, multidenominational environment
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Degree Media, TV, Communications or related
- Be a leader and yet a flexible team person who can listen and understand another person’s viewpoint, and relate well to people of all churches, ages and professions
- Ability to develop and manage teams effectively and work effectively with a senior management team
- Think strategically and articulate such strategies both verbally and in writing
- Be comfortable to represent SAT-7 to partners, associates, church, events etc.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Should have administrative and financial skills and previous tv production experience
- Be able to improvise and operate on generally modest budgets
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
This position can be based either in Cyprus, Nicosia or Lebanon, Beirut or Egypt, Cairo
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying in the subject line of your email.