The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian content through satellite televsion, digital and social media to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa. We are looking for a Digital Director to strategically lead and be responsible for the Arabic digital and social media platforms of SAT-7, reporting to the Executive Director for Arabic Channels.
- Develops a content and publishing strategy for SAT-7’s Arabic digital and social media platforms that is consistent with SAT-7’s Vision, Mission and Ethos in cooperation with the digital production departments in Beirut and Cairo.
- Contributes to strategic planning and goal setting for Arabic programming so that content from SAT-7 ARABIC and SAT-7 KIDS can be repurposed for and/or promoted through different digital and social media platforms according to audience needs as much as possible.
- Provides strategic direction for the expansion and enhancement of SAT-7 Arabic digital branding.
- Controls the Arabic digital and social media platforms, monitors the user data and evaluates the results on a regular basis with the heads of the digital production departments.
- Sets the Arabic digital and social media budgets according to the planned initiatives and forecasted activities together with the executive Arabic channels’ director.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and colleagues at all levels of the organization to ensure that digital and social media are effectively integrated into programming, audience relations, fundraising and other engagement initiatives.
- Analyze market data and marketing metrics to identify possible opportunities and threats.
- Oversees vendor and ministry partner relationships that support the organization’s digital outreach objectives, ensuring satisfactory performance within budget guidelines.
- Work together with the Broadcast & IT Director to ensure that appropriate and new technologies are adopted to increase accessibility and new opportunities.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7.
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity. Theological training is an advantage.
- Have a degree (masters preferred) in digital content production and publishing/ digital marketing or a related field.
- Must have 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Native Arabic speaking person.
- Good command of English both verbal and written.
- In depth knowledge of digital and social media strategies, content production, distribution, relevant platforms and related technologies.
- Experience working in the MENA region and being able to have equal focus on all Arabic speaking countries.
- Be able to engage younger generations by bringing innovative ideas to reach kids and youth.
- Must have innovative strategic thinking to lead a digital transformation.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
The successful candidate can be based either in Nicosia – Cyprus or Beirut – Lebanon or Cairo - Egypt.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying in the subject line of your email.